Chic-Chocs Mountain Lodge
Day 1 Matane Wildlife Reserve
3 wonderful days during which you will stay in a lodge that was built in order to respect its natural surroundings. This is indeed a pleasant and cozy eco-lodge. It is located 55 km south of Cap-Chat in an isolated area that can’t be access by car. Hence, you will leave your car at the Cap-Chat visitor center where at 3 pm a vehicle specially designed for the forest trails will bring you to this wilderness lodge (1h30). From the lodge, you will enjoy splendid views of the spectacular summits, of the Hélène waterfall and of the endless pristine forest.
- Accommodation : Lodge
Day 2 Matane Wildlife Reserve
A stay here enables you to discover a fabulous nature and a rich culture. The chief guide and his team are there to help you find the most suitable activities for you and to make sure you will enjoy safely those wild areas.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation : Lodge
Day 3 Matane Wildlife Reserve
On the programme: 1000 m summits, one of the largest moose population in the world, the only caribous habitat south of the Saint-Lawrence River, a wide variety of ecosystems (from the pine and birch forests to the alpine tundra!), and so much more!
- Breakfast, lunch
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Services of naturalist guides
- R/T transfer between the Cap-Chat visitor center and the lodge
- Activities on site: Hiking, mountain bike, sea kayaking (on lake), wildlife watching, interpretation, photography
- Topographic map
- 2 nights accommodation
- 6 meals
- Applicable taxes
- Air travel
- Shuttle to the meeting point (OPTIONAL)
- Drinks (excluding coffee and tea with meals included)
- Personal expenses
- Car rental
- Tips for guides
Budget & exchange
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.