The First Nations Path
Day 1 Montreal
Pick-up your vehicle and rendez-vous in the thrilling and appealing city of Montreal! Second French speaking city in the world after Paris, Montreal combines old world influences with North American modernity in a very unique way. Let yourself be charmed by the romantic streets of Old Montreal and conquer its exhilarating nights!
Day 2 Lac Édouard
The experience starts with an agreeable boat ride towards the village. While admiring the wild beauty of the surrounding nature, you’ll be shrouded in the peaceful atmosphere of the site. In the evening, a pleasant surprise awaits you: you won’t sleep in a tent, but in a tee-pee! You’ll also enjoy a good meal prepared on a superb wood fire. Listen to the enchanted sounds of the forest and look carefully at the sky, you might see a northern lights! (B, D)
Day 3 Mastheuiatsh
Before leaving this magical site, we suggest you strongly to explore the magnificent trails nearby. You’ll then be able to track wild animals, to watch beavers in their natural setting and to pick the delicious wild berries that you’ll find along your way. Why don’t you use this opportunity to go for a rabaska ride? Continue on towards Lac-St-Jean. (B)
Day 4 Mastheuiatsh
Today you’ll have the privilege to visit the fascinating Pointe-Bleue Native Museum which explains the ancient history of the First Nations. You’ll then visit the famous Saint-Félicien Wildlife Zoo. (B)
Day 5 Les Escoumins
A stay in the local Native community and a zodiac whale watching cruise. (B)
Day 6 Les Escoumins - Parc marin du Saguenay
Continuation of the discovery.
Day 7 Wendake
During your two days in the heart of the reserve, you will enjoy a guided tour of the Huron-Wendat Museum, where you can see exhibits on the history of the nation and Aboriginal art. The first will be in the longhouse, a tradionnal home of the Huron native people. In the evening, myths and legends will be told by the fireside. Throughout the night, a fire keeper take care of your dreams and lights. The second night will be at the Hotel Museum First Nations where you will enjoy all the conveniences of modern life. During your stay, you will have the chance to taste and enjoy the cuisine inspired by the Native at restaurant la Traite at the Hotel Museum First Nations. You will also have the time to discovery Wendake on your own. On day 8 in the morning, you’ll visit the Traditional Huron Site “Onhoüa Chetek8e” which offers a unique opportunity for visitors to discover the history, the culture and the lifestyle of the Hurons. A Native guide will lead you in a fascinating canoe and a walking excursion in the forest during which you’ll be introduced to this specific environment and to the traditional herbal medicine. You’ll then have the privilege to taste a delicious potion made out of local cedar trees. The walk ends with the visit of a burial site which allows visitors to learn more about the Huron Burial Ceremony. At around noon, you’ll be invited for a traditional Huron lunch. (D)
Day 8 Wendake
Continuation of the visit (B, L, D)
Day 9 Québec
Your next stop is beautiful Quebec City. Rich in culture, history and beauty, Quebec City has the appearance and the atmosphere of an old-world town. Indeed, its old section has kept its historic character and a “Vieille France” charm. (B)
Day 10 Québec
One more day to enjoy the city.
Optional activity(ies) ($):
Guided bike tour in Quebec
Canyon Sainte-Anne Excursion
Day 11 Quebec - Montréal
Some more time to explore Quebec’s metropolis and drive to Montreal.
Day 12 Return flight
Take advantage of your last moment in Montreal to do some shopping before heading to the airport to leave your vehicle.
Optional activity(ies) ($):
Zipline in the Old Port
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
The cost includes:
The cost does not include:
Terms and conditions
- A day by day (itinerary) description
- Destination description
- Useful tips on driving
- Cities and parks maps
- Activities description
Budget & exchange
Health information & recommendations
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.