Lodges and resorts in Atlantic Canada
Day 1 Halifax
Pick-up your vehicle. Discover the thrilling region of Halifax and its surroundings.
Day 2 Liscombe Mills
Today you will drive the scenic east coast Marine Road towards the famous Liscombe Lodge. Nestled on the shore of a magnificent river and surrounded by the evergreens, this is a true paradise for the nature enthusiasts. (B day 3)
Day 3 Liscombe Mills
One more day to discover the area.
Day 4 Ingonish Beach
Discover the picturesque Ingonish area and admire fabulous seascapes while driving along the famous Cabot Trail. Overlooking a steep cliff, the Keltic Lodge offers a breathtaking view of the surroundings. The ideal place to explore the marvels of the Middle Head Trail. (B day 4)
Day 5 Ingonish Beach
Continuation of the discovery. Put you hiking boots on and discover the numerous trail of the Parc National des Hautes Terres du Cap-Breton . Nature goes beyond the park boundary and its approaches offer trails equally breath-taking.
Day 6 Baddeck
Located on the shores of the Bras d’Or Lake, this beautiful quaint town definitely worth a visit!
Day 7 Charlottetown
The Pictou ferry will take you to Prince Edward island. L’Ile-du-Prince-Édouard National Park stretchs as far as 65km. Walk on these beaches, on the red sandstone cliffs and these undulating dunes. Let yourself be charmed by the Victorian charm of its peaceful capital.
Day 8 Summerside
The smallest Canadian province offers you the charm of its hilly shores sprinkled with quaint fishermen villages and some magnificent lighthouses. The island is also well known for its sandy beaches.
Days 9 to 10 Moncton
After driving across the spectacular Confederation Bridge, you will continue on to the “Acadian Capital”. We highly recommend a visit of the Shediac village.
Day 11 St-Andrews-by-the-Sea
The journey now takes you to Saint-Andrews, a famous resort founded by the Loyalists. You will then stay at the Algonquin Resort, a century old property which blends old world charm with modern luxury.
Day 12 St-Andrews-by-the-Sea
Enjoy a whale watching cruise.
Day 13 Digby
From St-John, the ferry will take you back to Nova Scotia where you will have the privilege to stay at the Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa, an elegant property overlooking the Bay of Fundy and the charming town of Digby. (B day 14)
Day 14 Digby
One more day to enjoy the area
Day 15 Halifax
Back in Halifax, enjoy the animation of this pleasant harbour city. (B)
Day 16 Return flight
Drop-off your vehicle.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- 15 nights accommodation
- 4 meals (see abbreviations)
- Applicable taxes
- The personalized roadbook (Available on request)
- Air transport (Available on request)
- Car rental (Available on request)
- Personal expenses
- Drinks (except coffee and tea with meals included)
- Ferry between Caribou (NS) and Wood Island (PEI) day 7
- Ferry between St-John (NB) and Digby (NS) day 14
Terms and conditions
- A day by day (itinerary) description
- Destination description
- Useful tips on driving
- Cities and parks maps
- Activities description
Budget & exchange
Health information & recommendations
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.