The Whitewater Experience - Rafting
Day 1 Trois-Rives
In the morning, meet your guide at the Adventure Centre where you’ll take possession of your equipment. After the explanation of the security measures and the technical advice, the whitewater adventure begins! We’ll stop for an afternoon meal, to later reopen hostilities with the mighty water! In late afternoon, you’ll reach the campsite on the shore of the mighty Mattawin River. You’ll then take advantage of a delicious feast of salmon cooked over a huge campfire. (L, D)
- Accommodation : Tent
Day 2 Trois-Rives
We’ll set off again to assault the river! A series of rapids and thresholds of class 3, 4 and 5 are unleashed before our eyes and under our paddles. We’ll even get a chance to pass a waterfall of 25 meters, but don’t be afraid, we’ll travel by foot and stay nice and dry! At the very end of the afternoon, filled with exciting memories but drained of energy, we’ll return at the Adventure Centre. Continuation of your individual trip or prolongation. (B, L)
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Services of a raft guide
- Services of a kayak safety guide· Raft, life-saving jacket, helmet and paddles
- Personal effects transfer
- Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, etc.)
- 1 night accommodation
- 4 meals
- Applicable taxes
- Air travel· Shuttle to the meeting point (OPTIONAL)
- Personal expenses
- Drinks (excluding coffee and tea with meals included)
- Car rental
- Tips for guide
Budget & exchange
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.