The Blueberry Route
Day 1 Alma - Métabetchouane
Departure from Alma where you can, among other things, visit the Odyssée des Bâtisseurs site. You’ll also have the opportunity to spend some time at the beach in order to take advantage of the St-Jean Lake warm waters. You’ll then continue on toward Métabétchouane. Distance to cover: 44 km. Night at the gîte la Nymphe des eaux or the gîte chez Christiane et Guy Voyer.
- Accommodation : B&B
Day 2 Métabetchouane - Roberval
Before leaving Roberval, we recommend the visit of the Historical Centre of Métabétchouane or to simply relax at the Rigolet beach. Distance to cover: 40 km. Night at the gîte Belle Maison or the gîte la Brise du Lac. (B)
- Accommodation : B&B
Day 3 Roberval - St-Félicien - Alma
Departure from Roberval toward Saint-Félicien. Among other things, we recommend the visit of the Val Jalbert Heritage Village as well as the famous St-Félicien Wildlife Zoo. Distance to cover: 35 km. Return shuttle toward Alma. (B)
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
The cost includes:
The cost does not include:
Budget & exchange
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.