The Voyageurs Escape
Day 1 Parc Algonquin
Meet the guide in Toronto at the Finch Subway station or directly in the park. Once on the premises, preparation of the material and departure of your canoe expedition through the Algonquin Park. On your way, take advantage of the many stops to plunge into the pure and fresh surrounding water. At the end of the day, the camp site will be set-up in a scenic environment. You’ll then enjoy a good meal prepared over a nice campfire. After dinner, you’ll hear the awakening of the nocturnal wildlife. You might even hear a wolf pack baying at the moon! Night in tent. (D)
Accommodation in tent
Day 2 Parc Algonquin
Departure for new adventures. Open your eyes widely because the area offers great opportunity to observe bears, blue herons and even moose! In the afternoon, we’ll arrive to our final destination where you’ll have spare time to do some hiking, swimming, fishing or, if you prefer, to take a rest while enjoying the melodious sounds of the forest. Around the campfire, the legends related to the Canadian wildlife will assuredly plunge you into an other universe! Night in tent. (B, L, D)
Accommodation in tent
Day 3 Parc Algonquin
There’s nothing like a good Canadian breakfast to start a day the right way ! You’ll then leave for new adventures in the forest while your naturalist guide will share his knowledge of the surrounding wildlife. He’ll also teach you how to solo a canoe. Continuation of your individual trip. (B)
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
The cost includes:
The cost does not include:
Budget & exchange
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.