Adventure in Wells Gray Park, hiking and canoeing
Day 1 Clearwater
Meet your guide at 9 am at the Wells Gray Guest Ranch. Your adventure will then start with a short hike to Dawson falls. After lunch, you will head towards Clearwater Lake after what you will start a 2 hour hike that will take you to a viewpoint which offers a breathtaking view over the caribou Mountains. The guide will then teach you how to control a canoe. As soon as everyone is ready, you will leave by canoe for an excursion that will lead you to a magnificent sandy beach which will be your camp site for the next two nights.
- Accommodation : Tent
Day 2 Clearwater
This morning, you will paddle your way across the Clearwater Lake. You will also have the opportunity to do some fishing and to observe the local wildlife. In the afternoon, you are invited for another hike along some spectacular trails offering dramatic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Accommodation : Tent
Day 3 Clearwater
After breakfast, you will paddle towards a historic farm where you will have the opportunity to learn about the life of the first Europeans who settle in the area. You will then stop at Bailey Falls. This site is famous for the wild salmons that you can often see jumping out of the water. You will finally be delighted by a 2 ½ hours hike towards the top of spectacular Helmcken Falls.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Service of a guide
- Canoe and equipment
- Camping permit
- Sleeping bag
- 2 nights accommodation (including tent and ground mattress)
- 7 meals (see abbreviations)
- Applicable taxes
- Air travel- Shuttle to the meeting point (OPTIONAL)
- Personal expenses
- Drinks (excluding coffee and tea with meals included
- Car rental
- Tips for guidee
Budget & exchange
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.