The King of the Canadian Forest
Day 1 Matane Wildlife Reserve
At the end of the day, rendez-vous to the Matane Wildlife Reserve entrance (around 3 PM). Setting in the cabins.
Before sunset, slip into your walking shoes and get your camera ready for the moose photo safari. Learn more about the influence of mud flats on moose density and antler growth. This guided activity takes place at the end of the day. Moose can be observed in different habitats depending on the period of summer. Night in a cabin.
- Accommodation : Cabin
Day 2 Matane Wildlife Reserve
In the morning, visit (on your own) of the reserve’s interpretation center. You’ll learn a lot about this fascinating creature. Following your visit, take advantage of the kayak to go on the lake on your own. If your lucky, you might observe a moose from very close! In the evening, accompanied by your guide, explore the reserve and the animals that you could find in the Matane Wildlife Reserve. Your guide will teach you more about the biology and habits of animals in the reserve. Night in a cabin.
- Accommodation : Cabin
Day 3 Matane Wildlife Reserve
Take advantage of some free time to have some fun in this enchanting setting that allows you to listen to the fascinating sounds of the wild nature. Several activities are proposed on the site.
Note: There are no restaurant services on the premises - the clients must buy their food in the cities near the Wildlife Reserve entrance.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Evening guided excursion of 4h00 with a naturalist guide
- The equipment needed for the guided excursion: rabaska, paddles and life-saving jacket
- Complete kitchen equipment
- Bed linen
- 2 nights accommodation
- Applicable taxes
- Air travel
- Shuttle to the meeting point (OPTIONAL)
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Car rental
- Tips for guide
Budget & exchange
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.