The Lighthouse Experience
Day 1 Rivière-du-Loup
Rendez-vous at Riviere-du-Loup on a cruise for interpretation of the great river and its gems. As soon as you arrive on the Pot-à-l’eau-de-Vie Island, you will be charmed by the beauty, but especially by the absolute calm and tranquility, which bathes these grounds. Truthfully, the only inhabitant of this island is, and always has been, the lighthouse keeper. Deserted except for birds and seals, this island has kept its wild character. Spend the night in the home of the lighthouse keeper.
- Accommodation : Lighthouse keeper's house
Day 2 Rivière-du-Loup
After a hearty breakfast, the morning is yours so you can discover the island while walking its trails, blanketed in silence, unless a fin whale, a seal or one of the countless sea birds comes to interrupt. At 1:30, time to meet for the return crossing to Riviere du Loup.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Three bedrooms with double bed
- A sink in two of the bedrooms
- Bathroom upstairs (shared)
- You bring your wine
- A table for meals, shared between the occupants
- The lighthouse tower is accessible at all times
- A telescope is available to observe seabirds
- The package is designed for one night but a two night stay is possible
- Departures are always at 12:30 and return to Rivière-du-Loup the next day at 1:45 pm unless otherwise stated
- Maximum of six people or three couples
- Children 10 years old and under are not allowed
- No smoking
- We can reserve the exclusivity of the lighthouse at a higher price
- At the time of booking, you will have to choose your main dish
- Not included: alcoholic beverages and taxes
- Accessible parking at the Rivière-du-Loup marina. No charges.
Budget & exchange
- Luggage: 2 / pers
- The crew may require a reduction in the volume, weight or number of items carried
- Provide warm and comfortable clothing (windproof, polar, waterproof coat) and walking shoes.
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.