Christmas in the Forest
Day 1 Montréal
Rendez-vous in the thrilling and appealing city of Montreal! Second French speaking city in the world after Paris, Montreal combines old world influences with North American modernity in a very unique way. Let yourself be charmed by the romantic streets of Old Montreal and conquer its exhilarating nights! You’ll then understand why the city has been for long time known as the “Northern New Orleans”!
- Accomodation ; Hotel
Days 2 to 5 Montréal - Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
After a good night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast, the moment has come to leave the big city and to continue on towards the wild territories of the Mauricie region. Your destination: The spectacular Sacacomie Hotel which overlook boldly a magnificent lake. Once installed, you’ll be in position to take advantage of this outstanding setting as you wish. If some takes advantage of the site to take a rest while admiring the breathtaking view the hotel offers on the lake and the surrounding area, the sports enthusiasts will be delighted with the wide variety of activities available. The place is indeed a true kingdom for soft adventures. You’ll hence have the opportunity to visit the activity center where the welcoming staff will be more than happy to inform you about the various free activities available on the site: traditional snowshoeing in the wild, cross-country skiing in the surrounding forests, ice fishing and skating on a frozen lake. You’ll also take advantage of plenty of free time that you could fill with several optional activities available on the premises (PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US SHOULD YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PRICES). Among other things, you could then go for:
-A guided snowmobile excursion through the fabulous landscapes of the Laurentian Mountains.
-A guided dog-sledding excursion.
-A guided snowshoeing excursion.
If you choose the December 21 departure, you’ll celebrate Christmas in a very unique way. On December 24 you’ll enjoy an evening filled with enchantment and magic.It will start with a gastronomical buffet dinner featuring a traditional Quebec cuisine and it will be followed by a moonlight stroll along a torch-lit path which will lead you to the Pavillon de l’Érablière where the Christmass Eve mass will be celebrated at 10:30 pm. After the celebration, you’ll enjoy a glass of wine at the Pavillon de l’Érablière and warm up by the roaring exterior bonfire. Upon your return to the hotel at around midnight, you will be greeted by a sweet table filled with Quebec desserts. On Christmas morning, the children wearing a pajama will receive a special present from a very special visitor!
- Accommodation : Hotel
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Day 6 Saint-Alexis-des-Monts - Quebec City
Your next stop is beautiful Quebec City. Rich in culture, history and beauty, Quebec City has the appearance and the atmosphere of an old-world town. Indeed, its old section has kept its historic character and a “Vieille France” charm. Moreover, the surrounding areas offer delightful landscapes. Yield to temptation of an excursion toward the spectacular Montmorency Falls and the Île d’Orleans.
Day 7 Quebec City- Montréal
Continue on to the Airport or to Montreal for your return flight.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Free activities available on the premises: ice skate, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, tube sliding, indoor pool, etc.
- Special program like mention below
- 6 nights accommodation
- 14 meals (see abbreviations)
- Applicable taxes
- Air travel
- Transferts (OPTION)
- Personal expenses
- Drinks (excluding coffee and tea with meals included)
- Tips for guides
Terms and conditions
Budget & exchange
- A pair of warm shoes or a pair of padded boots
- Slippers or sneakers for the cottage
- Pair of wool socks
- Warm pants
- Warm pullovers or polar fur
- Underwear made of fine technical fibers
- Gloves, hat, scarf (depending on the season)
- Toiletry bag
- Pair of sunglasses
- Sun protection cream (face and lip)
- Pocket knife Flashlight or headlamp with spare batteries
- Gourd of 1.5 liters minimum, light and insulated.
- Pochette étanche pour votre passeport et/ou votre carte d'identité
- Votre permis de conduire, votre carnet de vaccination
- Votre dépliant assurance voyage
- Vos devises
- Votre carte de crédit et vos papiers personnels
- Sacs plastiques pour garantir l'étanchéité de vos affaires
- Appareils photos et vêtements
- Sac à linge sale
- Boules Quiés
- Bloc notes et stylo
- Livre, jeu de carte…
- Bâtons de marche (facultatifs). Ils sont d'une aide précieuse pour économiser vos genoux à la descente (jusqu'à 30% de votre poids + celui de votre sac sont supportés par les bâtons) et soutenir votre effort à la montée (les bras aident en plus des jambes)
- Paire de jumelles
- Appareil photo et chargeur de batterie
- Adaptateur pour prise électrique
Health information & recommendations
- Intestinal antiseptic
- Small scissors
- Cream of protection Solar face and lips
- Mosquito cream or lotions
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with you
- Use potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.