New Year's Eve in the forest
Day 1 Montréal
Rendez-vous in the thrilling and appealing city of Montreal! Second French speaking city in the world after Paris, Montreal combines old world influences with North American modernity in a very unique way. Let yourself be charmed by the romantic streets of Old Montreal and conquer its exhilarating nights! You’ll then understand why the city has been for long time known as the “Northern New Orleans”!
- Accommodatoin : Hotel
Days 2 to 5 Montréal - Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
After a good night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast, the moment has come to leave the big city and to continue on towards the wild territories of the Mauricie region. Your destination: The spectacular Sacacomie Hotel which overlook boldly a magnificent lake. Once installed, you’ll be in position to take advantage of this outstanding setting as you wish. If some takes advantage of the site to take a rest while admiring the breathtaking view the hotel offers on the lake and the surrounding area, the sports enthusiasts will be delighted with the wide variety of activities available. The place is indeed a true kingdom for soft adventures. You’ll hence have the opportunity to visit the activity center where the welcoming staff will be more than happy to inform you about the various free activities available on the site: traditional snowshoeing in the wild, cross-country skiing in the surrounding forests, ice fishing and skating on a frozen lake. You’ll also take advantage of plenty of free time that you could fill with several optional activities available on the premises (PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US SHOULD YOU NEED TO KNOW THE PRICES). Among other things, you could then go for:
-A guided snowmobile excursion through the fabulous landscapes of the Laurentian Mountains.
-A guided dog-sledding excursion.
-A guided snowshoeing excursion.
By choosing the December 31 as departure date, you’ll then beneficiate from an elegant 7-course dinner in the evening. Be ready to dance the night away with the DJ and musicians (party favors provided). A toast to the New Year is planned with a glass of Champagne.
- Accommodation : Hotel
- Breakfasts, lunches and diners
Day 6 Saint-Alexis-des-Monts - Québec
Your next stop is beautiful Quebec City. Rich in culture, history and beauty, Quebec City has the appearance and the atmosphere of an old-world town. Indeed, its old section has kept its historic character and a “Vieille France” charm. Moreover, the surrounding areas offer delightful landscapes. Yield to temptation of an excursion toward the spectacular Montmorency Falls and the Île d’Orleans.
Day 7 Québec - Montréal
Continue on to the Airport or to Montreal for your return flight.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Free activities available on the premises: ice skate, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, tube sliding, indoor pool, etc.
- Special program like mention below
- 6 nights accommodation
- 14 meals
- Applicable taxes
- Air travel
- Transferts (OPTION)
- Personal expenses
- Drinks (excluding coffee and tea with meals included)
- Tips for guides
Terms and conditions
Budget & exchange
- A pair of warm shoes or a pair of padded boots
- Slippers or light sneakers for the chalet
- Pair of wool socks
- Warm trousers
- Warm sweaters or fleece furs
- Underwear made of fine technical fibres
- Gloves, hat, scarf (depending on the season)
- Toilet bag
- Pair of sunglasses
- Sun protection cream (face and lip)
- Pocket knife
- Flashlight or front light with spare batteries
- 1.5 litre minimum flask, light and isothermal.
- Waterproof pocket for your passport and/or identity card
- Your driver's license, your vaccination record
- Your travel insurance brochure
- Your currencies
- Your credit card and personal papers
- Plastic bags to guarantee the waterproofness of your belongings
- Cameras and clothing Dirty laundry bag
- Notepad and pen Book, card game....
- Walking sticks (optional). They are a precious help to save your knees during the descent (up to 30% of your weight + that of your bag are supported by the poles) and support your effort during the ascent (the arms help in addition to the legs)
- Pair of binoculars
- Camera and battery charger
- Adapter for electrical plug
Health information & recommendations
- Intestinal antiseptic
- Small scissors
- Sun protection cream for face and lips
- Mosquito repellent cream or lotion
- A fair economical repartition
- The improvement of local teams’ working conditions and their awareness of the protection of the environment
- The information of travelers about respecting the local population and environment and the collection of their feelings at their return.
- Avoid letting waste out, throw it in the trash can or bring it with youUse potable water sparingly (take a shower instead of a bath and report any leaks) and avoid wasting it (use biodegradable soap to wash yourself)
- Avoid damaging cultural sites: don’t touch the statues, don’t move the stones and objects
- Exchange instead of giving (too Important gifts can destabilize the local economic stability of the country depending on their living standards)
- When taking a walk, especially in some fragile ecosystems, observe the fauna from afar, do not go beyond beaten roads, limit stamping and do not bring any souvenirs: give up picking rare flowers picking fossils...
- In some hotels, you can have individual air conditioning. It is advised to systematically switching it off when you’re out of the room to avoid energetical overconsumption and greenhouse gas emission.